Field Interviewer Android App update (188.8.131.52)
Print these instructions or view them on a computer while you perform the update so that you can easily refer to the instructions.
- Verify the current version of Field Interviewer. App Drawer->Settings->Apps->Field Interviewer. If the version is 184.108.40.206 then you don't need to update.
- If the version is 220.127.116.11 or earlier, then uninstall it by tapping Uninstall. Note that this will also remove the Field Interviewer shortcut from the home screen.
- Turn on App Drawer->Settings->Security->Unknown Sources to enable installation of the app from this web site.
- Open AppDrawer->Chrome and browse to this page (myUrl)
- Download the update
- Click OK to "This type of file can harm your device. Do you want to keep app-release.apk anyway?". Download will proceed
- Pull down Notification Bar to monitor progress.
- When download is complete, tap on app-release.apk notification item. Or, open the App drawer, tap on Downloads, and tap on app-release.apk.
- Tap Install when prompted on next dialog.
- Tap Open to run the Field Interviewer app
- (Optional) Turn off Settings->Security->Unknown Sources
- Create the home screen short cut it is no longer on the home screen.
- Open the App drawer
- Tap and hold the Field Interviewer icon
- Drag to the home screen
What's new (18.104.22.168)
- Set WiFi Channel of Field Interviewer device from the app
- Allow Sorting of Videos
- Restore WiFi Connection on load
- Upgrade to Vitamio 5.0 RTSP client
- MMC not inserted error message
- App looses video stream
- Video streaming broken in Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- File playback broken
- CRITICAL FIX: Fixes recording freeze on Field Interviewer device when app loses connection to device
What's new (22.214.171.124)
- User can change the Wi-Fi password of the Field Interviewer device from the app
- Display Field Interviewer device battery status in app
- Display Field Interviewer device SD card status in app
- Prompt on recording start/stop from tablet
- Display more detailed error information such as SD card not in Field Interviewer device
- Show error details when unable to start recording
- Add support for additional Android devices